Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thanks

Just wanted to give a little love to my man who deals with so much garbage. He came home yesterday to a testy wife who just wanted to throw something against a wall. No reason really, I just had a lot of frustration. I have a feeling that's not going away anytime soon. He asked if I wanted him to just listen or to solve the problem. I said just listen so I ranted and raved for a few minutes about the tiny details, like trying to selling a house with 4 kids, not having enough hours in the day, and just feeling like life isn't happy right now. He smiled and said, "wanna hear what you told me a year ago when I was feeling like this?" Uh oh, a taste of my own medicine. "Buck up, hang in there, try hard to find the good...blah, blah, blah." It sounds good when you dish it out, it's harder to take when it's you getting it. However, after a few minutes of just getting it out, I feel better. It doesn't help my house get any cleaner. That's all me getting off the computer and just picking up things.
Pres. Uchtdorf gave a talk about things that matter most. I think he was talking to me and I'm going to do all I can to change my priorities and focus on the things that really matter, like spending precious time with my kids, reading my scriptures, praying. The things that bring real happiness.
Thanks for listening. Now I'll move onto something more worthwhile. Like a shower. :)

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I was the same way yesterday (well, not the selling the house part, but the frustration). It was stupid stuff that didn't matter.

You can send your kids to us until your house sells. Or just leave them in Wisconsin. :)

Spencer and Shalynn said...

Good luck with everything you are dealing with. It's nice to hear that I'm not the only testy wife in the world some days. :)

leadatortilla said...

I think a hug would have helped too.... so... ::hug::