Friday, July 20, 2012

Youth Conference

As Young Women's president I get to help plan things like Youth Conference. We came up with the theme "Miracles Never Cease." Our hope was to have the guy who starred in the movie 17 Miracles come and speak (one of our leaders has a personal connection there), but he's a firefighter in southern Utah and couldn't make it. So we got this other guy who's pretty popular on the fireside circuit named Brandon Sulser. Just 2 days before the fireside, we got a call that he wouldn't be able to make it. Nothing creates stress like the speaker backing out last minute! However, as our theme states, Miracles never cease and within 3 hours we had another fireside lined up. We got two returned missionaries from our ward and one recently married girl from our ward. They did a fabulous job! It was a LOT of work and planning, but I think it was fun. It would have been more fun if I could have just kicked back and enjoyed, but someone's gotta plan! We spent a day at East Canyon boating, then headed back to property in Morgan to watch 17 miracles under the stars, have some great team building games, and lots of yummy food. I'm just glad I don't have to plan it again next year!

No comments: