Today Carter participated in his final Pinewood derby. We have not had good luck with these in the past so I don't really look forward to it. Usually we build our own car with our own tools, end up buying 2 more because we messed them up, then they lose a wheel or we messed up the weights and have to run it backwards. The cubmasters set up a clinic where we could go for help. Usually Brian has a little too much pride and chooses to do it himself. This year he has been so busy with work I decided I would be humble and take Carter to the clinic. It was fabulous!! The guy in charge walked us through every step (Carter did most of the work, I just supervised) and in 2 1/2 hours the car was DONE! It looked good, it weighed the right amount, and it didn't fall apart at all!
We got it on the track and Carter broke the track record and placed 1st in every heat he was in. It was a smokin' car! He broke the track record AGAIN and ended up in the grand finale. Sadly, something went weird and he took 3rd overall. But he still had the fastest car of the night. He keeps saying, "I bet I could beat bro. Jones cello car now!" I bet he could!
No comments:
Post a Comment