Monday, August 18, 2008

And they're back!!!

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! I feel like Nemo shouting it out with such enthusiasm! I have looked forward to this day for a few weeks now. The kids were getting so restless and doing anything they could to annoy each other. I was tired of the fighting. Hillary was so excited or nervous that she just couldn't sleep last night. She came into our room about 3 times and said she couldn't get to sleep. All I could do was send her back to bed. Finally, at 6:55 this morning she came in and I told her it was ok to be awake now. She had her clothes all laid out and ready to go last night. She was dressed, made her own breakfast, and ready to go except her hair by 7:15. Carter was still in bed. He wasn't so sure about being in school all day, but did great! He said he didn't learn much, just took a tour of the school and talked about the rules a lot. But he didn't get in trouble today! Good for him!

Whitney and I spent the day shopping at JCPenney and Hobby Lobby. It was so nice to only have one whiney kid instead of three! She starts preschool in two weeks. Then I won't know what to do with myself, at least until the baby comes!

He just doesn't look old enough to be in first grade! He is still my little boy!

Hillary is outside in a trailer again this year. Her teacher is a brand new, really cute girl. Her name is Jennifer Mitchell. I had a friend with the same name in Iowa.

And away he goes, no fear, just ready to take on a new challenge!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

He didn't get in trouble on his 2nd day, did he?

Darrell and Alissa said...

Love the pictures!! I can't believe how big they are! I love Hillary's pose in the first picture- classic!

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

They grow too fast. Can't they stay little forever. Hillary, Carter, I hope you have a wonderful year at school. GOOD LUCK!

Sonia said...

Oh, they're so cute