Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Paint and Carpet

Ah, the new carpet. After living with really nasty, gross, ugly carpet for 4 weeks, we finally got our new carpet last weekend. It was such a happy day at our house! Now Kemery can crawl around and I don't worry about what awful germs might be infesting her hands. I swear we had fleas because I was getting all sorts of bug bites in my house! That's really gross! We watched as they pulled out the old carpet and the stains on the bottom were downright awful!!! I don't even want to know what they were! Brian walked around with a bottle of bleach and sprayed every spot that didn't look like it belonged there before they layed the new carpet. We did a nice twist in the bedrooms and a sturdy yet comfortable berber in the basement. I'm loving it!!!


The kids enjoying a good clean roll on my floor. I admit I layed down and attempted a carpet angel. It's so soft and plush I can't close my door very easily. This is my bedroom with the green paint all done as well.



Heading into the basement. The stuff before was a dark brown with lots of colored spots. It was pretty ugly. This is soooo much nicer and it even makes the really ugly paint job look a little better. (Not our paint, the sandpaper crap that they people before put on that can't be removed or painted over.)


Carter's snazzy room. It's just waiting for some vinyl to complete the decorations.


Hillary and Whitney's room is waiting for the chair rail to finish it off. I still like my paint job, even without the rail.


Just another shot of my green walls. I think my camera is dying though, these pictures look really sad!


Here's my RED kitchen. I LOVE this color! The countertops are orange granite so we weren't sure what to do, but Brian found this color and I am so thrilled with how it turned out!!! In the right light, it almost looks purple.


Now you have it, the house in a nutshell. There are a few more rooms to be painted and they'll be posted as soon as we get on that. We have a few other projects that have to happen first though. Our garage is a disaster and I'd love to get both cars in there. And the basement garage is in need of some serious rearranging. All in all, it's coming together.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Yay for clean carpet!!! It looks good!

Kristy said...

You've done a great job painting your house. I'm impressed.

Sonia said...

Looks good! Question: Sandpaper-crap paint that can't be removed or painted over? What is that? Can it be smoothed out and wallpapered or re-textured or something?

Chari said...

I could probably sand down the walls but that's a LOT of wall space. Brian doesn't think it's all that bad so it stays. You just can't brush your elbow against it or you lose a few layers of skin. Otherwise, I could probably totally retexture it, but we are thinking of doing some additions down there anyway making that room not so used.

Spencer and Shalynn said...

You have been a busy girl! It looks really great! Glad you got new carpet. :)