Thursday, October 22, 2009
Backwoods Tennessee
When we were looking at houses here, we wanted something more "citified," no backwoods for us. We looked at a house that backed up to about an acre of forest. That made me a little nervous--I didn't want to do a tick search every night on the kids. The deer would have been interesting to see, but not worth the hassle of the bugs. So, we bought a nice house in an area not right in the city, but darn close to it. There are no forests around here. Today, however, I received a phone call from my neighbor saying that this morning she had been out walking and saw one of the teachers from the school driving slowly around the neighborhood. Odd, but she didn't think too much of it. She continued her walk around the school 3 times and went home. The teacher told her later this afternoon that she had been following a bear cub that had been trying to get into the school! I live just a street away from the school and there was a bear cub there!!! She had called 911 and they told her to stay in her car because it was probably hungry. They never did catch the bear, it ran off into some trees behind the school. The kids usually take a power walk around the school everyday and those were all cancelled because of this bear. That makes me a bit nervous! So, I may be driving the kids to school everyday from now on! I didn't think I was "backwoods" but I guess I am!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Start looking for bear tracks! or should you be looking for moose tracks (in the freezer!).... ahhh, home sweet home eh?
Post a Comment