Tuesday, May 4, 2010

35 looks pretty good


I am no longer in my early 30's, now I'm mid-30. This had to be one of my favorite birthdays though. It all started with a lovely hour long massage and chiropractic adjustment. Then it was off to lunch at my favorite sandwich shop, Atlanta Bread Company with just me and Brian. It was so nice to not have a little one climbing on my lap or sharing my soup, no kids meals to buy, and I didn't have to tell anyone to keep their voice down. I picked up my kids from my awesome neighbor then it was home to read and take a nice nap. When Brian got home, we loaded up the car and headed off to Olive Garden where we had to tell the kids to behave constantly, to please use their forks, and I had to entertain a little one on my lap while I tried to eat. But it was still fun. Then we headed to our favorite dessert place, Rita's Italian Ice. I tried a really yummy pistachio gelatini. If that wasn't enough, we then went home for strawberry pie (I'm not a huge fan of birthday cake unless it's an ice cream flavor)and presents. Then the presents rolled out. Whitney drew me many pictures, all with a rather chesty me displayed, Carter made me a journal jar type of thing, and Brian got me Topsy Turvey's, a new matress cover, and an iPod touch. It was so much fun just to be with my family. Last year I was super sick and Brian had moved away, this year was awesome! My kids were all super nice to me and each other. I don't think it could have been any better! I think I can handle 35!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Fun! No wonder I couldn't get a hold of you!

Kristy said...

Happy birthday! You make 35 look hot.

leadatortilla said...

You make me want to be 35... and I'm closing up on ya! I'm glad it was such a great day with the fam and I'm jealous of the lunch date. What a great friend to make that possible. And are you loving that I-touch?!?!

tami said...

Happy belated birthday. I did remember that day, and every day for a few days after. I never made it to the phone. Sounds like it was a goodie!

Spencer and Shalynn said...

Happy Birthday!