Monday, March 28, 2011
Spring Break
Despite many snow days used this year, the kids still got a week long spring break. We had planned to go to Washington DC, however the hotels there weren't at all cheap so we opted for a "staycation" instead. We had plans to go the the children't museum, the zoo, and Gatlinburg. Because of illness, injury, and selling the house, we only made it to Gatlinburg. And once there, I discovered that my camera batteries were low and I didn't bring extra. This is Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies. Anything with the title Ripley's has my kids hooked already. It was supposedly the largest aquarium in the country. Not sure about that, but it was by far the neatest one we have seen. Nothing was so crowded that you couldn't see, the shark tank had a moving walkway so you could see it all and the crowds kept moving, and the penguin tank had clear glass tunnels that the kids could crawl in and get right inside the tank. It was my favorite part! I loved it so much I forgot to take pictures! We also went to the Ripley's mirror maze (that was just insane! and dumb at the same time) and the Ripley's Odditorium. Had a great time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm surprised you still had such a big break - will they still have to do Saturdays?!? Looks like a fun place and that was one UGLY fish... ugh!!!
Post a Comment