Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Chari



My beautiful wife is another year older today. I have known Chari for over half her life and have been involved in half her birthdays. There was her infamous 18th...which we won't take time to revisit (See posts from 2 years ago to get the details). On her 19th birthday, I was away at a track meet while running for Weber State University. I planned a few days in advance. My mother acquired some material for me and she and I tied a quilt in about 5 hours. She finished it up for me the next day and I took it over to Chari's house. I had her family bring it out to her on her B-day while I was on the phone with her. She opened it and couldn't believe I had made her a quilt. That was a good day. We still have the quilt...still one of my favorites. One year I didn't get her anything...atleast not on time. I kept telling her I'd get her a mountain bike but her birthday came and I hadn't made it to the shop to get it. I also forgot to get a cake. What a loser husband. Luckily, she forgave me....but not a good birthday. Two years ago I missed Chari's birthday because I was here in Tennessee while the family was still in Utah. We spoke on the phone, but I missed being with my wife on her day. That was a sad birthday. Today I took the day off and was able to have a lunch date and spend the day with my wife. I picked out great presents she liked. A good day. Chari has followed me all over the country. We've had many interesting and challenging experiences together. I'm so thankful she has decided to make this journey through life with me. LOVE YOU CHARI!!!

4 comments:

Brett said...

happy birthday chari...what a sweet post brian. good birthday!

Brett said...

(that post was actually from sarah....although i should have let you think it was from brett :)

leadatortilla said...

Cute picture - your girls look so much like you!! Happy birthday sweet friend!

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday Chari! Can't wait to see you in Utah again.