Friday, March 30, 2012

Another Ouch!

While hanging out at home, making a nice lunch and preparing for a little relaxation time, the phone rang. The number was from the local elementary school. I assumed someone forgot homework or something. I was a little surprised when the secretary told me that my son had hit his head. That's nothing new for this kid. Then she went on to say that he got a cut and it probably should be looked at. Oh boy, now it's getting a little scarier. I left my lunch, grabbed Kemery and my purse, and headed to the school. This is what I found when I got there.

Carter had been walking in the halls at school when it got a little crazy he said and someone pushed him. He fell and hit the metal moulding around the edge of the floor. He was hoping for some glue to fix it up, but the doctor said it would need more than that. He had the choice of stitches or staples. Carter did not want the numbing shots at all so he opted for the staples. Just 2 were needed to hold it all together. Brave kid!



You can see them if you look real close, there are 2 staples in that mess of hair and blood.

No comments: