15 years goes by in the blink of an eye! We celebrated our anniversary by taking a trip to Logan for a little time out in the hills snowmobiling. We started off the trip with a lovely night in the Lake Powell room of the Anniversary Inn. We stayed there 10 years ago and it was great then too. ;) It's always fun to read all the stuff that people write in the little guest book. We aren't so graphic. They made some good upgrades since we were there last. Instead of a lousy projector tv that would overheat after 5 minutes, they installed a nice big flatscreen. I always enjoy the tasty cheesecake, the yummy bubbly, and the fabulous raspberry croissant for breakfast. Friday we headed off to the Beaver Creek Lodge for a beautiful day of snowmobiling. I had never been on a snowmobile in my life so I was a little nervous going into it. Brian has spent a little more time playing around than I have and was raring to go. I got the instructions the best I could as the guy spit nasty brown streams every 10 seconds. Then it was onto the machines and away we went. We played around in the field near the lodge for a while until I was comfortable with making turns. Then we sped across the highway and out into the beautiful mountains of Idaho.
Not too far into the afternoon, maybe an hour out, Brian decided to do a little hot dogging. He saw a hill that had a few tracks up and it was sure he could make it. He hauled all the way up this steep hill, then as he turned to make his return trip, his snowmobile tipped onto it's side. I sat at the bottom with the video camera laughing and wondering how long it would take him to turn the thing over--cuz there was no way I was going up there after him. After about 10 minutes, I realized there was no way he was going to make it on his own. So, being the amazing wife I am, I planned to head half way up the hill, walk the rest of the way up the hill and rescue him. I got to where I planned to stop, however in turning so I could park sideways, I rolled my snowmobile. Now who needed rescuing??? I hiked quite a ways up a very steep hill with very soft powder to get to Brian. We pushed and pulled, and pulled and pushed, only to sink deeper in the snow and not get the dang machine to get upright. Finally after some serious thought and effort, we got it righted, then the trick was to get it down the mountain. We ended up backing it all the way down to the bottom. I stopped at my machine...no way was I going to make that hike again. I sat and waited for Brian to get back up. My machine turned over quite a bit easier, started right up, and made it to the bottom pretty quick. By this time we had wasted a good 30-40 minutes of the 4 hours we were allotted. No problem, we still had time to play. However, while Brian's snowmobile would start, it would not move. He messed with the emergency brake, the dumb little safety peg that you pull off when you crash, and all other mechanisms we could think of. Nothing. Not going anywhere. We were given a GPS devise when we left the lodge that was free, until you needed help. Then it was $30 to push the button, but it would send an email back to the lodge and they would cruise out to find you and help would be there in about 20 minutes. We did all we could NOT to push the button, but realized we weren't going anywhere without it. By this time we had killed an hour at this awful hill. We pushed the button, sat back, and waited. 20 minutes passed, no help. Tried the snowmobile again. Nothing. 40 minutes passed, still no help. Machine still won't go. An hour later, we were frustrated that we had no help, so Brian made one last effort to try all the buttons and switches, and lo and behold HE MOVED! Just then the guy from the lodge came flying up apologizing profusely. Apparently they didn't get the email that we needed help for probably 45 minutes. Now we didn't need him and we were going to be charged the $30 too! He checked out the snowmobile, said all was well...it's just the dumb little safety knob, it was wasn't connecting very well. So now we have lost 2 hours of our time with only an hour left to play. They guy told us there was a huge bowl just a half mile up the trail where we could play to our hearts content. Had we known that, Brian would never have tried that crazy hill! He really wanted speed anyway, not hills. We played around a while, then it was time to head back. Fortunately we didn't have anymore problems. When we got back, the lodge didn't charge us for the GPS call, we saved on gas since we spent 2 hours just sitting around, and we really did have a good time.
We got back on the road to Logan and about half way down the canyon realized we still had the GPS unit in our back pack. We had to turn around and drive all the way back!
We settled into the Players Clubhouse room at the Anniversay Inn for our second night out. It was lots of fun! Foos ball, mini golf, and a giant heart shaped tub. I lost every single game of foos ball, and most games of golf, but it was a fun room.
All in all, it was a blast! We had a great time celebrating our anniversary and enjoying some much needed alone time.
Brian crashed at the top off the hill as I sat and laughed.
Chari looking lovely with helmet hair (this is waiting for the guy to rescue us)



No comments:
Post a Comment