After Hillary's baptism, my brother's stake was having a chinese new year celebration and we went with my family. The food was so yummy! I love good chinese food and I gotta say, I wish I could cook like that! I'd eat it every day! They had different demonstrations going on throughout the night. Then, they got onto my favorite part! I love to watch the Lion dance with the Buddah. One of their chinese traditions is that the lion goes through the crowd and you put money in these little red envelopes, then feed it to the lion. Another tradition is that people give money in the same little red envelopes to the single people. My brother had followed this tradition and had given my kids each an envelope to keep with $1 in it. Hillarys had a $20 for her baptism, but as the lion came around, Hillary didn't realize that was hers to keep and she fed it to the lion. My brother noticed this and had to ask the lion for his envelope back. Fortunately she got her money back but we thought it was pretty funny. At the end of the dance the lion gets a head of lettuce (some traditions I don't understand), then he shredded it and threw it into the audience. We got hit pretty good with lots of little pieces of lettuce. It was a great cultural experience for my kids. Glad we went! Here are some pictures and videos from the night. The video is Hillary giving away her money. The guy in the black shirt is my brother getting it back. Then Carter fed the lion too, but he used the right envelope.
1 comment:
That looks so fun! What a good uncle to get Hillary's money back.
Post a Comment