Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Another One Bites The Dust...

Well, we live in tough times. Lots of families have been affected and I've been amazed we have stayed in good as shape for so long. For some time now I have been waiting for this day to happen and yesterday it became official. My company will be reducing our force by about 25% and my position will be eliminated. It wasn't a surprise at all as I was one of the architects in deciding which positions had to be trimmed. Our company will get very thin for a while in order to recover and survive. The good news is the President has asked that I work part time, atleast through February, in order to help transition. So, we'll have some income coming in while I'm on the job hunt.

Chari and I are optimistic about where this will take us. We are open to anything and will go, if needed, wherever the Lord leads us. If you know of any opportunities, please pass them along. I've spent my career in production and operations management, but am open to anything that will support the family.

We'll keep you up to date on details as we get them...

7 comments:

Cindy said...

I wish there were something up here to offer, but there's not much. You may want to look at Thermo Fisher (formerly Hyclone). I know a lot of our people have gone over there lately. Good luck, and we're praying for you.

The Brown's said...

oh Chari and Brian I am so sorry! We will keep you in our prayers. Please let us know if you need anything:O)

Janeece said...

I am sorry to hear that news! We are in the waiting game as well...who said education was a safe job!? If I hear of anything in our neck of the woods I will surely pass it on, but even casinos have closed here...We'll be praying for you!

Shannon said...

Oh you guys! I totally know what you are feeling! I am so so sorry! The Lord always provides! He won't leave you to work this out on your own! Please let me know if you need anything!

Rob and Tam said...

We are so sorry to hear this news. We hope you find a job quickly. My parents have been out of a job since October. Although it has been difficult,they have had many miracles and blessings. I know you guys will be blessed and watched out for. We will keep you in our prayers. Come out here...we would love it.

Shawnm750 said...

Don't sweat it too much. Obama's in office now. He's going to give us free health care, get rid of fossil fuels, and provide free energy, and better benefits for the unemployed. Who needs a job?

Brittany B said...

Hey Brian, It's Brittany (your cousin). My husband was wondering what type of operations management you did. He is a program manager and works in operations here in Reno, and keeps an eye out what's available here. If you want his email let me know. Mine is brittany.brazell@gmail.com