Tuesday, February 3, 2009

She used to look at me that way...

Chari went to bed last night not feeling great. Just your normal cold symptoms. This morning, I tried to give her a back rub before we had to get up. I got up and got ready before Chari was out of bed. I woke Carter and Hillary so they could start getting ready for school. Chari is pretty tired and probably still sick so she's not too excited to wake up and get going. A few minutes later Hillary wanders in with Kemery and says that she (Kemery) had woken up in her crib. Hillary hands Kemery to Chari, at which point Chari instantly perks up, smiles, and talks in the happy, excited voice...the one that all babies get when they're spoken too. "Hello my happy girl! How's my girl today!" After a minute of the happy show, Chari got up. I was sitting in the chair at the computer. She looked at me and the happy smile had disappeared...and then she spoke those unforgettable words..."My nose is stuffed up" and proceeded to blow her nose to me. It was a tender moment. At that point I said to Chari, "You know, I remember a time when you would get that excited to see me." as I pointed back to Kemery.

I Love Chari with all my heart and know she loves me too. We've had a good laugh about that all day. But...I am continually amazed the power that a baby holds to change moods and behaviors. Babies are amazing.

I had to walk to my mom's house to borrow her car. On the way, I passed a house that has horses and two buffalo. As I passed by the buffalo, both of them started to relieve themselves at the same time! Maybe it was just a bad morning but every mammal I encountered started leaking out of ......somewhere.....

5 comments:

The Brown's said...

oh that was hysterical!!!
Hope Chari feel better soon! You are right it is hard to have that constant twinkle in your eye when you have boogers:O)

Cindy said...

Good thing you guys love each other so much :)

Shawnm750 said...

You probably used to be that easy to take care of too!

Darrell and Alissa said...

That is so funny- I couldn't stop laughing! The animals relieving themselves made it all the better! Just remember she can't go to her baby and tell her how yucky she feels- she confides all her secrets with you- good or bad!!:)

leadatortilla said...

Brian, you crack me up! And you need to write down those HR moments so you can have a good laugh as you remember those "good ol' days!"