Thursday, May 21, 2009

3rd grade fieldtrip

I finally volunteered at the school this year! It's been rough with Kemery but I got to go on a fieldtrip with Hillary's class. The funny thing is, this place is two houses away from me. I can see their backyard from my bedroom window and I have never been there before. This place is INCREDIBLE! This is a very creative man with lots of time on his hands and I loved seeing all this. It's an old-time village. There are many different sheds that have been built or refinished into a whole village for the grandkids to enjoy. In the back was a saloon with a player piano and a full bar. It was so fun for the kids! Each building is named after a grandchild and they are working on expanding the place to include an old mining town. Wish I was still going to be around to see that! My neighbor will have to send me pictures! In the bank, there was OLD adding machine that you had to pull the lever on and one kid said, "wow, if that's what calculators were like, I wonder what cell phones were like!!!" I laughed so hard! But there was no old time phone to show him. That was in the house which is a whole other story!!! This is a really neat place!
It starts out with a beach set up and a bar that the kids loved!
Then you got to play on the pirate ship.

The boat house reminded me of Pirates of the carribean at Disneyland.

These old bikes were so neat!
Next to the Livery stable was the jail. That was a big highlight!

Next to the hotel was the bath house with this manequinn in the bathtub! They even had all the oldtime shaving stuff.
This old car was just one of many vintage items!

3 comments:

Shane and Kim said...

That looks so fun! Does he let neighbors come play? I have heard about his yard, but I have never seen it. Thanks for sharing!

Sonia said...

Wow, that is one dedicated grandpa!

leadatortilla said...

I'm so glad you took pictures! It has changed in the last 4 years - just amazing! I have to go see it again!