Saturday, May 16, 2009

Race for the Cure

I love running 5K races. They are just a good, fun, healthy activity. I had never done the Race for the Cure, but I thought I'd try it and I was able to talk my neighbors into doing it with me. They have never done a big race like this. I have to admit, this was the largest race I have ever done. There were about 18,000 people involved. I thought it would be neat to do it for a good cause, but after seeing so many people supporting survivors and those who didn't win the fight, I was humbled. I have never seen so many different references to breasts though. Some of my favorite things that just cracked me up were the shirts that had a bra screen printed and the words "Bookin' for Boobies." There was a guy in a tu-tu with a shirt that said "Tu-Tu's for Ta Ta's." There was also a family supporting their mother and wife with all the men in bright pink sparkly sports bras.
There were many awesome sponsors too. When we finished we got a coupon for a free loaf of bread from Great Harvest and a slice of bread. Then there was yogurt, applesauce, orange juice, a cool pink water bottle, and lots of other great stuff!!!
It really made me think about the fact that someday someone I know will need this cure, it could even be me. We got to pin a paper on our backs in celebration of someone we knew personally who had fought the good fight. I put my cousin's name on mine, she's an inspiration to me. I would love to do it again next year!






4 comments:

Janeece said...

YAY for you! Wish I could have been there to run with you!

Spencer and Shalynn said...

You guys are amazing! Good for you!

The Brown's said...

Good Job!!! You guys look awesome:O0

leadatortilla said...

YEAH for us!