To the moron who hacked into my email and sent out messages saying I'm in Mississippi and needing money, may you be plagued with phishing scams yourself and your passwords changed daily so you can't remember them and have to reset everything! You were smart enough to delete the sent messages, but too dumb to empty the trash folder. That's how I knew you had changed my security question and password. Strong words, but it drives me crazy to think of the truly dishonest people in the world. I got a phone call from a friend in Utah (thanks again, it was great to hear from you!) saying she had received two emails from me that I was having some personal issues and I'm in Mississippi and I need money. She knew me well enough to know that I would call if I needed something and I would personally address my email and sign it with my name. When I tried to access my account, it kept saying that access was denied. So, I went through a bunch of hoops and found that my password had been changed, my secret questions had been changed (at least one of them), a new email address had been added (thanks, now I can find you!), and they changed my place of residence to Pepper Lake City UT zip code 40445. Seriously, if you are going to do it, make it believable! No where in Utah has a zip code that starts with 4 and as far as I know, there is no Pepper Lake City! I feel fortunate that a few friends brought it to my attention so I could fix it before they got too much more info from me.
I must admit, I am truly scared for my children. I fear for the things that they will have to put up with in their lives. This was a minor scam, I can't imagine if it ever got any worse. But I guess that's the way the world is headed. Now, what do I do with the email address I got from the phisher? I looked it up on facebook and found out the name, but I have no idea if that person was really the one who did it or if they were scammed too.
3 comments:
Yikes,that is scary. Just FYI, if you really were in trouble, I'd bail you out:0)
Are you serious?!?! That's AWFUL! I'm glad you caught on quick! And I hope that person gets what he deserves.
I hope the hacker gets scabies and lives a very long miserable life. In jail. ;)
Post a Comment