Hillary had her 10th birthday a few weeks ago. To celebrate, she chose to go to Ryan's Buffet. The first time I ate there, I was so impressed, I loved everything I ate! This time, not so good. I don't think we'll be going back there. Carter did try some salmon though and enjoyed it. I guess he's my kid after all. Then it was off to Fun Expedition. When the kids get their report cards, Fun Expedition gives them $2 for every A. My kids each got a card worth $14 so we headed over there to spend them. (They also have Chuck E. Cheese tokens for their grades) Then it was home for presents and cake and ice cream. She got an American Girl for Christmas so she got a lot of new clothes to go with her doll. It was a fun birthday, low key, relaxed. Just how I like it.
The kids have also been playing basketball on the city league teams this winter. Carter's team has never won a game, not that they keep score at their age, but we know they have been creamed every game. Hillary on the other hand has never lost a game. They go into the tournament undefeated, ranked #1. Today starts the tournaments. It's single elimination so I hope it goes well. I'll post pictures if I can get any good ones.
I have become obsessed with the orphan situation in Haiti. I know a family who is trying to adopt two kids from there and their struggles are heart-wrenching. I didn't know her very well, but I still follow her family very closely, praying they are able to get their children and bring them to somewhere safe and happy.
As for the rest of life here, nothing new is happening. Brian is still unhappy in his job, we are still in what some Tennessee folks call Hillbilly Hell, and look forward to any opportunity to get our family closer to the mid-west. Yes, that feels like home to us. Sorry fellow Utahns, it'll still be a while before we get back there.
1 comment:
oh sweet chari - I'm sorry you aren't happy where you are! Honestly, what will it take to convince you that UT is the place to be? I'll buy you our favorite pizza! And happy late b-day to Hillary - the outfit looks cute on her! I'm sure it's even cuter on the doll... hee hee.
Post a Comment