Thursday, August 5, 2010

1st day of school

Poor Whit had a run in with the sidewalk the day before. The sidewalk won.


Summer has come to an end for these three kids. They started school this week and couldn't be happier.

Hillary got a teacher we don't know much about, but she's excited to be in his class anyway. She didn't know too many kids in her class either, but she is stuck at a table with a bunch of boys that used to prank call her in the summer until I answered and got mad at them. They never called again. She'll make friends though, she always does.

Carter got the funnest teacher in all of 3rd grade and wishes that school could be longer, just so he could stay in class with his teacher. The only concern there is that there are only 5 boys and 16 girls! Good thing he's used to girls. His teacher is a male though so it'll be ok.

Whitney got into the the multiage program and we couldn't more excited for this year. There are only 4 kindergarteners in her class, but she will have some great examples. The younger children get a mentor and hers is a little girl from church that she knew. Yeah! Her teacher is a the sweetest lady and I just can't wait to be a mom in there helping when I can. It is looking to be a really great year!

4 comments:

The Brown's said...

what cute kids:0) I cant believe that school is starting so soon. Hope it's a great year for them!

Spencer and Shalynn said...

They look darling and so old! Good luck this year.

Cindy said...

Good luck with school!!!

leadatortilla said...

I'm so excited for each of them - I hope the school year is better than they hope! I'm anxious to hear about Whitney's program - what cool opportunity!