...at least when you are a member of the church. Since moving here, I have made many new friends. Many of them are now on my facebook page as well. In browsing through some of their friends, I happened across a name that I haven't heard in years! My friend Jess had this sweet lady Yvonne Heugly on her facebook and I thought, "No way is that the same lady I grew up with in Utah. How on earth would Jess know her?" So I called up Jess and asked her. Apparently she served a mission in this ward a few years back and was loved by all who knew her. (This same lady also served a mission with Brian's grandparents in Pennsylvania.) I "friended" her on Facebook and thought, boy, what a small world.
Then today in church one member stood up and told of their recent trip to Utah where they went to church with sister Heugly and it was the homecoming of a mission president. That mission president was my former bishop and stake president from my youth. I was so giddy and homesick all at the same time. I felt left out! I am stuck here while they are in MY home ward, enjoying a talk by MY stake president and his wife! Oh well, at least it was nice to get a little news from home. I am amazed at the number of people that I find connections with through the church. I love it!!!
3 comments:
Is that Thompsons that are home? Already??? I live here and don't know about any of this!
Yep, Wes and Becky are home now. I only know from people who live here and visit there.
wow that is a small world! It was fun to catch up on your blog. Glad you are doing ok:)
Post a Comment