Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Birds and the Bees

No, no one had the "big talk" yet, but I was sure it was coming after this little interchange:
Carter: Mom, why is there an F next to sex on your drivers license?
Mom: It stands for Female. Yours would say M for male.
Carter: Oh, that's not what my friends at school said sex is.
Mom: (thinking, uh oh, here it comes) What do they say it is?
Carter: Kissing three times.
End of conversation. Good, let him take that and run with it for a little while. Really? My 8 year old? I have a feeling he and Hillary may get a joint conversation to give them all the correct info. For now, kissing is good enough.

3 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

Blech! That's what I feel in my stomach when I think about sitting down and telling my girls what sex really is. They know little bits, but they don't know how one cell meets the other... I dread it, but the time is much closer then I like to think about!

leadatortilla said...

Oh - that's funny! Did I mention that I had to have the talk with Hunter - he's so DANG INQUISITIVE!! If ya wanna hear about it - I'd love to chat with you!

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

Kissing three time huh? Okay, yea, let's let him run with that.