Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to Carter!

My boy is 6 years old today. He's about the sweetest boy in the world. When he was little, I didn't think I'd ever say that, but today, he has brought smiles to my face. He was very unselfish this morning and remembered it was Mother's day without even being told. He brought me breakfast in bed (with help from daddy and Hillary) and gave me little coupon book he had made at school. I remembered it was his birthday, fortunately, and wished him a very happy birthday. He got his presents early so he was a little disappointed he didn't get to open anything today. He got a bike back in February, then yesterday at Toys R Us, he got to pick out two gifts, one from grandma and grandpa Nelson, and one from us. He chose the General Grievous ship from Star Wars from grandma and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle weapon set from us.
At church, he's the kid that everyone giggles at as they sing on the stand. I'm sure the music lady told them to smile and he had the biggest grin he could muster. And you could hear every word he sang of "Mother I love you." It's enough to make my heart melt. Sadly, after church, as he was rushing into the house, he bailed on the steps in the garage and whacked his side, elbow, and chin on the stairs. Coming in, he declared, "this has been the worst day of my life!!! My friend was mean to me at church and then I fell on the stairs! It's been a really bad day!" Poor kid. When getting dressed later, he whacked his head on his dresser.
We headed over to grandma Swensen's for mother's day dinner. Aunt Rin was there and he wished her a Happy mother's day, then said, "now what do you tell me?" She said, "um, thank you?" He looked right at her and said, "no, happy birthday!" Oops! His birthday was forgotten! Aunt Jenn remembered though.
He's such a good kid. I love him and he makes me smile! I'm so glad he calls me mom!

4 comments:

Rob and Tam said...

Happy Birthday Carter! Happy Mother's day Chari. Aren't kids great? In all the hard times they still remind us that being a Mom is the best thing ever!

Rob and Tam said...

Happy Birthday Carter and Happy Mother's Day Chari. Aren't kids the best! Inspite of all the times that are hard they remind us that it is worth every minute of it.

Rob and Tam said...

Happy Birthday Carter and Happy Mother's Day Chari. Aren't kids the best! Inspite of the hard work of being a Mom they remind us that it is worth every minute of it.

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

Happy Birthday Carter!!!! Hope you had a really good one.