Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Project Complete!
I took on too many things at once, as usual, and finally finished this heinous project. For a few years now, old jeans have been piling up in my closet for the express purpose of making one of those oh so cute denim quilts. Just about the time I decided to re-read the Twilight series, I also decided it was time to make the quilt. We hang out at softball and T-ball games every weekend so I thought this was a good thing for sitting on. So, I spent hours cutting up the jeans, getting rid of parts that can't be used, making my fingers numb (which I still can't feel my pointer finger). I found some nice red flannel and set to work cutting and sewing. I will never make another one of these dang things!!! After hours and hours of cutting, sewing, snipping, washing, and drying, it's a kid sized quilt!!! It was meant to be a picnic quilt for the whole family, but it's maybe only 5x6 feet. But it turned out cute. I had a few spots that didn't line up and it was so dang frustrating! The sewing talent that my mom possesses did not get passed on with my gene structure! Oh well, the kids think it's really cool and I'm just glad it's done and now I can finish reading.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Holy crap, that's cute! I guarantee mine isn't going to be that cute!!!
Kudos for finishing a project! It looks really cute.
It looks great Chari! It made me chuckle to read about your frustrations - especially the size. Poor girl! But, it's done and it's going to be fun to use! woo-hoo!
That's incredible!! WE have been saving jeans for the past 5 years in hope someone will volunteer to make us a jean quilt- you want another project?!
I'm impressed. That was quite a project and you got it finished. I love the colors and the total look of the quilt. It's just for fun, it doesn't have to line up.
Post a Comment