I have just had a few thoughts lately. I just wanted to get them out there. First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BABY SISTER! I can't believe she's so old! It just makes me older! But I hope she has a great day!
Second, a huge thanks and congrats to my work out buddy. Bye Bye Buddy! She is at the hospital as I type having her 3rd baby boy. She even got up with me this morning and took a walk. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the next 11 weeks without her. I just hope I can be as diligent as her. I plan to go the gym still, but 6:00 am comes early when you know no one is counting on you!
Third, the 24th of July. I know everyone outside Utah thinks, "what's the big deal about that day?" Well, it's the day my ancestors came here to start a new life and gain new freedom. I don't think about them nearly as much as I should. I was thinking more about how I wished the Brian had had the day off to play, but it wasn't a holiday for him. But we had a huge neighborhood get together with lots of yummy desserts and fireworks. Then, thanks to one disgruntled neighbor, the cops showed up and confiscated all the bottle rockets. I understand they are illegal, but really, to call the cops. Oh well. We had a great time anyway.
I can't believe how fast the summer has gone. The kids have just 3 more weeks until school starts again. I look forward to the routine, although I don't look forward to the teachers. I really hope they both get good ones this year. Last year was not pretty for either of them, although neither of them had any idea it wasn't good. It's just a parent perspective, and I hope I don't have to do it again this year.
1 comment:
Thanks for the birthday wishes!
Way to go on getting busted doing fireworks!!! :)
Post a Comment