Tuesday, July 8, 2008

New Bedroom!

My girls are so happy that mommy is done with yet another crazy project. We got new bunk beds for the girls so when I took out the old beds and before we put in the new ones, I decided the room needed a paint job. I had a picture in my head and a fantastic neighbor who was willing to help make the picture a reality. I planned on doing the "in thing" with pink and brown, but Hillary objected, and with it being her room, I thought she should have a little say, so it became pink, white, and green. I headed off to Home Depot, chose a whole lot of paint samples, picked some really cute colors, and $200 later, I was ready to get started. I planned for 2 days, then the girls could move back into their new room! Well, being my first time ever doing this, I underestimated my time. The girls were sleeping on their new bunk beds in the living room for 5 days! The first coats of paint went on great, with the help of my sweet neighbor and my hubby. Then came taping. No one told me taping is tedious!!! It took about 8 hours and 5 rolls of tape, but the stripes turned out really cute! Anyway, what started on thursday ended on Monday, at least enough that the girls can sleep in there now. I have a few touch up spots to fix now.


Whitney walked in while I was making her bed and she just started bawling! She didn't want her room pink! I think she thought Hillary wasn't going to be in her room anymore because the bunk beds weren't done. Once we got it all in there, she was so happy!


I am quite pleased with it and now I just have to decide what to do with the walls and the window. HUGE THANKS go out to my neighbor who sat up late nights with me and helped me get the design right, Brian for painting when I know he didn't want to, and my father-in-law for helping with the chair rail! I love the new room!!!

This is the first coat. The room started out as the brown you can see in the middle




Here is the worst part of the whole project! That dang tape! I don't think I'll ever stripe again! My neighbor was so awesome to sit there and do all this! (And yes, I did fix that mistake you can see in the middle of the wall.)




Here's the painted part with the tape. I wasn't sure what to think when I looked at this, but then the tape came off and this is what I got!!!




8 comments:

Shawnm750 said...

Good job Chari! I'm impressed you were able to that while pregnant. I hate taping too, which is why I usually end up with spots where there aren't supposed to be any spots. I guess that's why they invented lacquer thinner.

Cindy said...

Ummm, yeah, you're nuts! It looks SOOO cute though!!!

Darrell and Alissa said...

Holy cow! That looks great!!

Ann said...

Love it. I'm impressed and you look pretty good too.

leadatortilla said...

Very cute!!! Maybe I'll recruit you for something crazy in your 9th month... just for fun... ha ha ha ha. I'm glad that I got to be a part of it - thanks!

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

That turned out soooo darling. You did a great job. I love it. I can't wait to see it in person.

Sonia said...

LOVE IT! It was definitely worth all that work!

Laura B. said...

That is SO cute Chari!! I love it!
Can you come do my girl's room next?! :)