blood, that is. I can't believe that I am posting two blogs in two weeks involving stitches. Yep, another one. We went up to Bridal Veil Falls today with some neighbors to let the kids play in the waterfall. It was really cold though and the air wasn't very warm either, so we walked down the path a little ways to a playground. As Whitney was going up the stairs, she tripped and whacked her mouth on the step. She came to me with blood running down her face and neck. So, I grabbed the 1st aid kit, threw some ice on, and we headed home. I called the doctor and they could get her in in about an hour. So, off we went. She ended up with two stitches right in her top lip. But she didn't even cry at all!!! They didn't do the numbing shots, just the Lidocaine cream and she just sat there, still as can be! They said that's the best 3 year old they have ever done! Yeah for her! So, here's some pictures of the fun before the accident. We need to get back up there though, it's so pretty!
7 comments:
Wow! If Whitney keeps this up you'll be holding that girl together with twine and duct tape by the time she's 12.
Wow, your kids are deaf and clumsy! Hehe, just kidding. Poor Whitney. Keep Hillary locked in a padded room. I don't think she needs a turn!
Chari- I found you!! How sad for Whitney! I hope she feels better soon!
LOVE the new room! Where do you find the energy?
I sure hope you keep that at your end!! One trip is enough for us!! Lucky you though that she was so good!! Tell Hilary to be careful...she might be next...
Poor little Whitney. So sorry that happened. Crazy that it was so soon after Carter. Tell Hillary to watch out. They come in three's you know.
Hey Chari,
I'm afraid you have gotten to the point when all you have to do is call the doctor's office and say "can you fit us in" and they know that it is stitches for one of the Swensen kids. That is how it was for me growing up. I'm sorry that happened to Whitney, but she seemed brave. The girls room is so cute. You need to fly out here and help me paint our daughter's room so it will be ready when she arrives. I miss you guys!
Holy cow! At least it looks like both kids will only have little scars! I am in fear of having to take one of the girls in for stitches- I think I'd be more of a wimp then them- I don't handle needles or blood so well!
Post a Comment