We had a pretty fun halloween this year. We started out on Monday with a neighborhood BBQ and pumpkin carving contest. It was a lot of fun, but I did a pretty crappy job of my pumpkin. I didn't have time to do much and I didn't even take a picture it was so ugly. Oh well, the kids had fun. Our ward did a trunk or treat this year. It's the first time in this ward, and I gotta say, it was just ok. It was kinda weird though. Being on Halloween, and at 6:30, we didn't know if we should go trick or treating through the neighborhood afterward. We decorated the trunk really cool (it was a mini cemetary and we have this awesome bat that flies!) and there was supposed to be a contest. That never happened. It was just show up, get your treats, have a cup of super hot hot chocolate and go home. The coolest part of the night was when the Headless Horseman showed up again this year. He knows Carter (it was his old primary teacher) and called him by name. It's funny to watch Carter's reaction to him! Especially this year since we have been watching the Disney version of Sleepy Hollow. We ended up at Brian's parents for a few hours instead of going out to door to door. It was fun though. Hillary ended up sleeping at grandmas.

Hillary wanted the kitty pumpkin this year. It was supposed to a fairly easy one to do, but it took longer than I thought. But it turned out cute.
I did this one a few years ago, but I'm still proud of it
Hanging with the neighbors at the ward trunk or treat
I really liked my trunk this year and they didn't even judge them!

Hillary wanted to be a movie star this year. She got up at 6:30 to get her hair and make-up done and was still almost late for school
Our own little Dr. Jones. His whip even playes the theme song and made cracking sounds.
Whitney wore one of Lorinda's old costumes so it was free! You can't beat that!
Brian's was a little bit of a stretch, but it was last minute. He was a football player from a Christmas Bowl gone bad. The tatoos were nasty looking!

I made use of last years costume again. Kemery was a bunny, but I didn't remember to get pictures of just her.
7 comments:
The kids all look so cute! I thought Hillary must have been Marilyn Monroe, and said "How does she know who that is"? Then I read that she was a movie star - I wasn't too far off!
You look awesome too! I'm thinking the black lipstick should be mixed in your regular repertoire. HAHA!
I agree with the trunk or treat. Just ok! I prefer good old traditional door to door trick or treating. You looked great though.
What a creepy looking bunch. Good thing your kids picked "fun" costumes because they're too cute to be scary.
You all look awesome. I love it. Glad you had a great Halloween.
Fun fun! Our trunk-or-treat was pretty lame. No one even decorates their cars...they just hand out candy.
I myself am not a fan of the trunk or treat. i love taking the kids door to door. We didn't know what to do after either. Josh ended up taking our kids to another neighborhood. Apparently the Bishop did do the judging but I didn't even hear who won. i thought your looked really great though.
How fun! By the way- Brian's bugs look NASTY!!
Post a Comment