Friday, July 10, 2009

Home at last!

After many rough weeks in hotels and apartments, we are finally in a home. The first one has become a bit of a nightmare. The seller is refusing to release our earnest money back to us since we backed out on closing day. We had to send a letter stating specifically why we didn't buy it. Our realtor has been so awesome!!! She drafted the letter and we just signed it. Then she was able to pull off our closing on time! Our stuff won't get delivered for 5 more days, but we can live on air mattresses and camping furniture until then.
Today the next door neighbor came over. He had a spare key to give us, then that led to him mowing our lawn and trimming it, loaning us a router and hooking us into his internet, bringing over a table, chairs, air mattress, sleeping bags, toys for Kemery, and even a garbage can, paper towels, and toilet paper! How's that for a great neighbor? He's a really nice guy! Then he offered to try and get Whitney into the preschool at the elementary school that has a huge waiting list. It's only $19 a day!!! That's only $400 a month! Hmmm, I may have to think about that favor. But nice of him anyway.
The house is a little bit dirty but Stanley Steemer is coming tomorrow and the house cleaners are coming Monday. I had a guy in about paint and flooring and he's a little pricey for me so we may be painting ourselves. The ceiling is REALLY high though.
I'm excited to be here and we'll go to church Sunday in the new ward. Stay tuned for an important church announcement from us...after next Sunday. Let's just say, we met with the Stake President before our records even got here! We're going to be BUSY! Well, Brian is anyway.
I'm missing my neighbors, friends, and family in Utah. We are ok, just a little lonely sometimes. I miss talking on the phone for hours with everyone and not worrying about going over my cell phone minutes. We will have a new phone number, but not until Tuesday so I'll get that out later. Also, pictures to come when I get my computer back. My USB port on the laptop is broken.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You knew you would be "put to work" out there. We are excited to see what the new calling is. Good luck with all the house stuff. Living in an empty house has got to be better than living in a hotel!

Ann said...

Welcome Home. So glad you were finally able to get in and soon you'll even be able to get your belongings and get settled. Can't wait to hear about your new calling.

Kristy said...

Hooray for having a house again. Can't wait to see pictures.

leadatortilla said...

Sounds like you have a good start in the neighborhood and what a great neighbor! I'm jealous that I can't be the one helping you out - but perhaps I should direct my efforts to the neighbors have not seen since they moved in 2 weeks ago! Anyhoo - miss you and I'm so happy you are in your house - HURRAY!

Spencer and Shalynn said...

Yeah! Congratulations on moving in. It sounds like you have a terrific neighbor. Can't wait to find out what the new calling is... :)

Shawnm750 said...

You know you shouldn't be surprised. If are from Utah and move anywhere from the Mid-west to back east, it's almost guaranteed that you are destined for the bishopric, or higher. Coupled with the fact that Brian is a high-priest and he's been in the bishopric before, well you should have seen this coming.