Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Just dragging day by day

I am now in Wisconsin awaiting the closing of our new home. We went back to the one that we first offered on and didn't get. They finally came down on the price and we worked a good deal. We are scheduled to close on July 9th, but that's really pushing the loan so I hope it works out that way. It's a nice place though with a great neighborhood! There are kids everywhere and the neighbors are really nice! The school is around the corner, the pool is up the road, and the hot tub is in the back yard.
We know we are not project type people. However, there are a few projects that will have to take place with this house. We have to repaint the entire thing, refinish the wood floors, clean the carpets, and scrub the whole place. This is where I really need my old neighbors that are so good at cleaning my house!!! I'll just hire someone to do it. If closing goes as planned, we'll close on Thursday, do all the tasks possible, and have our stuff delivered from the moving company on the next Tuesday. Until then, it's air mattresses and whatever came with me on the plane. At least I won't be paying for a hotel.
We are having a grand old time here in Wisconsin. The kids play at the park all day, everyday. They have spent hours digging in the dirt and would rather do that than anything else. Today is rainy and cold so we are going to go to a movie. Yesterday was the children's museum but I think they would have rather gone to the park. I am enjoying visiting my parents and keeping my sanity! Next week is back to the hotel, unless we get word that closing will be postponed. Then I'll stay here another week. Someday I'll get some pictures posted too!

4 comments:

The Brown's said...

happy to hear that you found a place! Even better that you found one with KIDS! Good luck:O)

Kristy said...

You know I would help clean house in a second if it were possible. Sorry I can't be there to help but I'm glad you will have a house soon.

Spencer and Shalynn said...

So glad you found a house! Wish I could help with those projects. Good luck!

Ann said...

Hope things work out for you but I'll miss having you and the kids visiting. I really want you to be able to get into your house but I'd like to see you again when we get home from Utah.