There are some things that just crack me up about Tennessee:
1. You can say whatever you want about somebody, as long as it's followed by "bless his heart." Example: That's the ugliest kid I ever did seen, bless his heart. It's funny how that makes it all better.
2. Shopping carts are called "buggies." I was at the store today and the lady doing my groceries said, "did ya'll want me to put your things back into your buggie?" I had to think for a minute about that one.
3. People are always "fixin" things. Fixin' to go to the store, fixin' to get dinner, fixin' to go swimming.
4. Everyone is "honey" and it's always, "oh, honey, let me tell ya..." followed by a "bless your heart."
5. When you ask someone to help you and they say "I don't care to," that's a good thing. That means they aren't being the rude jerk you think they are, they will help you.
I'll figure out the lingo eventually, but for now, I just have to listen really close and not take offense to anything anyone "doesn't care to do."
2 comments:
It's like living in a different country!
Ha!! Love it! We only have a few people that talk like that, most people here are from Utah, so we hear a lot of Oh my heck!
Post a Comment