Sunday, July 19, 2009

New Calling

Well, it's official. Our records haven't even been read into the ward yet but I (Brian) have a new calling. I'm getting ready to hit the road as a member of the high council. We cover a decent portion of Virginia and a small part of Kentucky so I guess the Impala and I are going to be covering some pretty country while visiting some of the branches and wards here in the east. The Bishop was out of town last week, which was our first week in the ward. He didn't even know who I was until I stood up to be sustained. I had a few congratulations and a few sympathy calls but all in all I'm excited to serve. I'll be assigned one unit to work with and then one speaking assignment some where else in the stake once a month. I

So that's it. We expect Chari to be called on soon. Probably on the organ...not that she has ever learned to play it...but that didn't seem to matter to the Bishop as we met with him today. He just had that look in his eye. Primary seems to be the next logical choice as they have her subbing classes each week anyway. We told the Lord we would serve wherever he needed us and I guess we have our answer. Stay tuned for Chari's calling which I'm sure will come in the next week or so...

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Good luck!!!

Ann said...

Congratulations Brian. That's one way to learn who's who in the Stake.

Spencer and Shalynn said...

Congrats! You'll be great. Good luck to your supportive wife! :)