Friday, March 12, 2010

Long time, No see

Moving to Tennessee took us far away from most of our family, but closer to one of my sisters, Candi. We never see her unless there is a wedding or a funeral. The last time I saw her was about 5 years ago when my grandma died. She came, but not her daughters. The last time I saw her kids, they were just little, playing in their purple and white dresses at my baby sister's wedding. Being here, we are only about 5 hours away and right in the middle of us there is the Mayfield dairy plant. We planned a trip a few months ago but because of bad weather, we had to cancel. I FINALLY got to see my sister again, with her now grown up girls and fiancee Ricky. We took a tour of the dairy, enjoyed some yummy Mayfield ice cream, then let the kids play at the park in the cold weather so we could chat and catch up a little. It was great to see her again. I can't wait to do it again in warmer weather.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Fun! I'm glad you finally got to see her!

What's on Carter's head in the bottom picture, or does the light just look funny?

Chari said...

Carter is wearing the hair net from the tour, that's why his head is red. I forgot about that.