I have gotten crafty lately with this pregnancy. It all started with the girls bedroom and I was so proud of that accomplishment, I thought I should do more. My favorite rocking chair was falling apart and rather than spend $100 for a new one (Brian was willing to give it to DI, I need it for a new baby!), I decided to re-cover it. With the help of a great neighbor, I was able to create a pattern and it looks great! My sister even asked if I got a new chair! So, having girl #3 on the way, I decided I wanted to make her blessing dress. The other two girls have really pretty homemade dresses and I wanted this one to have her own. I am NOT a seamstress, but I thought I could pull this off. I knew I could call my mom for help so I went ahead and bought a lot of material and a really cute pattern. It's from Simplicity so how hard could it be??? After a few frustrating days and many hours on the phone with my mom, I managed to finish it and I'm even proud of it! I even survived the sleeves! It turned out really cute! I think that's about it for my projects though. I can't think of much else to work on right now (except that Whitney wants to be Princess Daisy from Mario for Halloween and I need to attempt a dress for her). Now I just need to have a baby so I can use it! Just 3 weeks and 6 days!
At the request of my sister, I added the picture of the chair. I didn't think about it though and it's posted sideways and I don't know how to change that! Sorry! But that's how it turned out!
5 comments:
That's a super cute dress. Good job! I want to see a picture of your chair!
I love the dress. All those hours on the phone were well worth it. It's beautiful. Especially the sleeves. I like the chair also. It looks very comfy just waiting for a new baby.
WOW! Great job on the dress! I wouldn't even attempt that! Can't wait to see pics of her in it!!
Nice chair. It looks a LOT better!
Love the dress! I wish I could sew that well. I guess not all of us could inherit Mom's abilities!
Post a Comment