Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A few firsts

We have had some exciting stuff happen today. First off, it was Whitney's first day of preschool. She goes to a place in Highland where Carter went and really enjoyed it. She has been excited about it and packs her backpack daily, just in case her teacher might want her to "take something out of it." I had this cute outfit all picked out for her, three to choose from actually, but she had other plans. She just wanted basic jeans and a long sleeved shirt. There is just no arguing with her! My neighbor and I will be carpooling, but for the first day, I wanted to have a mommy moment and take her, get a few pictures, say goodbye. She was so mad at me!!! She wanted to ride in Cole's car! It took a while, but I convinced her it was ok and she could ride with him next time. She walked away like a pro. I was excited to see her go so happy. She's even been singing some song that she learned today.


Carter had his own first moment today. He has had a wiggly tooth for months and today it FINALLY came out! It was just hanging on by who knows what. I kept joking with him that Whitney needed to hit him in the face and it would come out. He took that to heart and went out to the piano bench, banged his face in the edge of the bench, and yelled, "I think I heard a crack!" Sure enough, he had loosened it even more, pinched it, and out it came! There was lots of blood though. He was so excited to finally have it out and now he has one more next to it that's loose. He was so thrilled that his first thought was "I need to call Aunt Cindy and tell her about it!!!" That's we did! Thanks for talking to him Cindy!

4 comments:

Rob and Tam said...

I can't believe Whitney is old enough to go to school. She looks like a pro. She sounds like my Tyler. He is very independent. He knows what he wants and there is no way I can distract or change his mind.

Way to go Carter losing your first tooth. Congratulations! It made me laugh how it finally came out. He is a true boy!

Glad things are well.
Love ya

Ann said...

Congratulations to Carter on losing his first tooth. While I was visiting he would always show me how loose his tooth was. Glad to see he finally got it out.

I can't believe Whitney is so independent. I guess pre-school will be great for her.

Love y'all and miss you lots.

Cindy said...

Yay Whitney for going to school! That's exciting.

Thanks for calling me Carter. You always make me smile!

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

Carter, right on. Your first Tooth. That is awesome. Hope the tooth fairy took care of you.