Sunday, September 21, 2008

I survived!

Despite my intense trepidation of teaching Gospel Doctrine, I survived my first time teaching. And I didn't even need smarties and crayons! I spent many hours preparing this week and still felt a lack of confidence, but as I got up there, I was able to speak somewhat coherently and even mostly follow my outline. There were some really good comments that helped keep things going. I won't have to teach again now until December after the baby is born and I feel up to going back to church. Until then, it's all on Brian's shoulders as my sub! One down, many more to go, but I think I'll be ok now. I learned a whole lot more than the class I'm sure, but it was good for me. It's stuff like this that makes me realize God is really watching out for me and forcing me into things that are necessary for my own growth and progression. I can't stay on a nursery level forever!

1 comment:

The Brown's said...

I HEARD YOU DID SUPER!!! RANDY EVEN USED SOME OF YOUR LESSON DURING H.T. GOOD FOR YOU!