Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Homeless again?

I truly hope that won't be the case, but it could be. At our final inspection today we found that there was water leaking into the garage that wasn't there before. There was also water in the crawl space that should have been taken care of, but it's still there. Brian climbed in there and the sump pump has water in it, but it's not draining yet. However, there is water running through the space that shouldn't be there. Our concern is that if it continues, the foundation could sink. That's the last thing we need right now. Maybe that's why we got the house for such a great deal. We are supposed to close tomorrow, but that just may have to wait until we know what's going to happen with this issue. I just can't throw down that much money for a lemon. It has rained like crazy the last few days, but that's just the way it is here. A little water is normal, but not puddles. We have to be out of our apartment tomorrow too (again). Now what???

4 comments:

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

Oh Chari, I really hope that everything goes well. I guess you will just have to sleep in your car. just kidding. Good Luck.

Ann said...

Sorry to hear all the bad news. Hope you get it resolved before you're homeless. You do have a van so you could just find a park and sleep in the van (ha, ha). Good luck. Love ya.

The Brown's said...

oh Chari I am so sorry! I havent checked in for a few days and I am totally sitting here with my mouth wide open!! SO SORRY! I am praying that you figure outwhat to do. I am sure things will be fine. Heavenly Father will watch out for you. Hang in there!

Cindy said...

You should just go stay at mom and dad's until it all gets taken care of! Good luck!