Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I miss Utah

I miss my family. I miss my friends. I miss my kids friends. But I really miss Utah roads. They make sense. If you get lost at Walmart, you can still find your way home. If a street intersects another one, the first street continues right where it left off. The streets keep the same name as far as they go in both directions.
I got adventurous today and we ventured to Winged Deer Park. I had no problem getting there with the help of the GPS on Brian's phone. We had a nice time baking at the park, then I decided we needed to stop at the Super Kmart on the way home and get Kemery a sun hat. Suddenly the Handy Dandy GPS quit working and I was stranded! Anyone who knows me knows I can get lost in my own neighborhood. I have no sense of direction! I spotted the WalMart and decided to just shop there, call Brian and get help home. I knew I was close but the street I knew I needed pointed a totally different way. The streets here tend to leave off on a main road, then either change names or pick up again a mile down the road. I never could get a hold of Brian so I finally just started driving and got lucky. I found the right road and made it back. I REALLY need a good, accurate GPS unit or I'll never go anywhere!

7 comments:

Ann said...

Welcome to the world of maps and GPS'. You'll figure it out but it won't be the last time you will be lost. Good luck. You really need that Mother's Day gift soon.

The Brown's said...

oh Chari I am so sorry! I remember when we first moved to Vegas the streets were all names not numbers so unless you had them memorized you had no clue where you were. I was lost a lot!!! Hang in there!

p.s. we miss you too!

Sonia said...

Those kind of adventures are how you find things and places! You can do it!

Cindy said...

Good luck figuring it all out! Glad you made it home ok, though. Our GPS couldn't get us to a school in Tooele, so I sort of lost confidence in even a real GPS. You'll figure it out!

Kristy said...

Utah misses you too! I'm like you, I have no sense of direction, so hats off to you for being adventurous.

Janeece said...

That's how it was in Louisiana too! I don't think I went anywhere by myself for the first 3 months that I was there! Eventually it will make sense...I promise!

leadatortilla said...

So, is there a shopping trip planned for tomorrow?