We ended our trip with a stop in Nauvoo and Carthage. I went there when Hillary was almost 3 and Carter was only about 7 months old. Brian didn't get to go to Carthage last time either so it was high time we saw it again.
It started out with a video about Joseph Smith and the impression he left on people. It was really neat to see his simple life and the testimony he shared with anyone willing to listen. He was an amazing man and it was really neat to see the jail and take the tour. My kids said they could feel the spirit there.
Nauvoo was really hot so we were fairly quick there, just stopped to take pictures at the temple and drive the Trail of Hope. I would love to spend a few days there taking in all the sights and the pagent. Another time.
It was an amazing trip and we had so much fun with my parents making great memories.
1 comment:
What a TRIP! Sounds like you had a marvelous time and so many adventures!! I'm amazed at Brian's wake-boarding - WOW!! Instead of commenting on each post - I just want to say I saw all the pics and love the slide shows. I'm sorry that you had such a rough time getting to Wisconsin... glad that part is over! Hope to talk to you soon!
Post a Comment